Monday, September 3, 2012

Picture time

Today was the first day of Convention Week, but since it was Labor Day, there were no convention speakers. It started with breakfast and a quick delegation meeting, and then caucus meetings and then parties at night. I'm going to tell today in pictures, because it was mostly about who I met.

*I also met Rev. Jesse Jackson and Illinois Senate Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie, but I was unable to get a picture. Scott met Jan Schakowski, he was very excited about it, but I'm exhausted and requires another upload. I'll do it tomorrow :)



Gov. Pat Quinn speaking at the Delegation breakfast


My credentials for the day


                                   
Fmr. Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico

protestors


Patrick Gaspard, from Obama's team at the Youth Council


Congresswoman Schultz addressing the Youth Council

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz
(Fun Fact: She was elected for the first time at 26-- same age I am now!)

Tammy Duckworth about to address the Veterans (and standing!)

our oldest delegate at the convention, 91 and a WWII vet
Christine Pelosi addressing the Veteran's Council


The Chinese media

MSNBC in the rain

Scott in the rain


a terrible picture of me and State Sen. Kwame Raoul (he's so sexy!)

another terrible picture of me and Sen. Dick Durbin

Me and Gov. Pat Quinn
We talked sports.

Mike Blake of Obama's voter drive

Tammy Duckworth


Jeff Bridges playin' guitar!!

MSNBC not in the rain

Bill Richardson getting un-miked from his interview

CHRIS EFFING MATTHEWS!! He was the nicest guy he sat and talked for like 15 minutes,
and took everyone's picture and we even joked about him being in the movie "Dave"!






Fmr. Gov. Strickland of Ohio

Scott and Chris Matthews. Seriously, nicest guy ever. Even made fun of Reince Preibus.

No comments:

Post a Comment